What is the difference between a Pulpit , Podium , and a Lectern
Pulpits, Podiums, Lecterns…
I agree with you, so let’s clear up the confusion.
Pulpit: A raised enclosed platform or structure in a church from which a sermon is delivered or service is conducted. Mostly found in cathedrals or old churches.
Podium: A low platform on which a person stands to be seen, while giving a presentation. A podium gives the speaker improved visibility and vocal project.
Lectern: A stand with a slanted top in which a speaker stands behind to deliver a speech.
A lectern can be a freestanding floor model, height adjustable, with or without a sound system or a tabletop model.
Are you still having a hard time distinguishing the difference between a pulpit, podium and lectern? Here are some simple ways to remember:
Pulpit: A platform you step into.
Podium: It is a low platform you stand on.
Lectern: What you stand behind.
These are the traditional definitions of the words, but in todays’ culture the meaning of the words pulpit, podium and lectern have become interchangeable with each other.
Here are some selected models of Pulpits, Podiums and Lecterns.
- Church Wood Pulpit Custom No 1. This Beautiful Walk-In Wood Pulpit is ideal for all your presentation needs.
- Glass Pulpit NC1/NC1G Prestige Winged. This Pulpit invites and embrace the congregation.
- Wharton Height Adjustable Podium WLECT.KBD. This state-of-the-art Wharton lectern that features complete control and speaker comfort.
- Non-Sound Presentation Podium. This elegant, yet functional podium comes with pre-drilled cable holes for electronic cords, locking cabinet doors and casters for mobility.
- Non-Sound “The Hope” Lectern. This wood lectern, such as the one seen here, is a cost effective presentation solution for any school or business.
- Portable Presentation Denon Lectern. The Lectern Active is a portable audio lectern for multi-media presentations - perfect for hotels, churches, conference rooms and convention centers.
- Clear Acrylic Tabletop Lectern. Table Top Lectern is made to the same exacting standards as our full-size lecterns
- Metal Truss Lectern 4 Post Straight. The open front black steel podium, also called a metal lectern. Perfect for any church or business. This lectern has a truss design.
We invite you to see our selection of Pulpits, Podiums and Lecterns at www.podiumsdirect.com
Call or Email With Any Questions Anytime at 800-421-9678.
Thanks for taking a few minutes to read this blog and remember to pass it along.
Leave a comment