What Does The Communion Table Represent and the Function?
Communion is something most Christians celebrate on a regular basis during their church services. The Communion table is also referred to as the Lord's table, table of the Lord or simply the holy table. In the preparation of Holy Communion or Eucharist, a Communion Table or Lord’s Table is used and the elements used during communion are placed.
The table may be very simple or ornate or adorned with a cloth. Many will bear the inscriptions; “Do This In Remembrance Of Me” or “This Do In Remembrance of Me”. Indicating the belief in Holy Communion as a memorial rather than a sacrifice. It will hold the plate of Bread or Wafers and the Cup used during the Communion Service.
Communion Tables may serve additional functions, as a place to display a Bible, candles and flowers and a receptacle to collect offerings. It can be a temporary fixture, which can be moved into place when there is a service with communion or a permanent fixture that is an impressive and wonderful compliment to your worship facility.
We have many beautiful styles to fit your needs.
- No 505 Communion Table. A solid wood Communion table which is a great match for the NO 500W and NO 501 Series Pulpits.
- 810-CU Table, Communion Table Custom 810. Wonderful compliment to the Wood Pulpit 810-CU.
- Open Style Communion Table NO 8505. Wonderful compliment to the Wood Pulpits 8500W, 8501W, 8500.
- ACRCOMTBL-1, Acrylic NO 1 Communion Table. Wonderful compliment to the Acrylic Pulpits.
- NC41/NC41G, Prestige Glass Elegance Communion Table. Our Communion Table is the perfect complement to your pulpit. Includes your favorite communion scripture reference etched into the front panel.
- NC40/NC40G, Prestige Glass RHEMA Communion Table. Our Communion Table is the perfect complement to your pulpit. Includes your favorite communion scripture reference etched into the front panel.
- NO 600, Pedestal Communion Table. A solid wood Communion table which is a great match for the NO 300W and NO 301 Series Pulpits.
- TCT-105, Communion Table. A solid wood Communion table which is a great match for the TSP-120 Series Pulpits.
- NO P204, Acrylic and Wood Communion Table. Wonderful compliment to the Wood and Acrylic Pulpit. The communion table is made of only the best materials available.
Thanks for your attention to this blog. If you would pass it along, we would appreciate it.
- Cross Sell Collaborator
Thanksgiving Sermon Given Behind A Pulpit.
Thanksgiving…Past & Present
Many of the things we were taught about Thanksgiving are false. Now through research and documents found of an eyewitness account, we know more about the first Thanksgiving.
In the fall of 1621 the Puritans (which we call Pilgrims), prepared for winter by gathering their first crops and hunting for a harvest celebration, this is the gathering we derived Thanksgiving from.
This celebration lasted three day with more than 100 English and Native men, women and children, who ate, played games, sang and danced together.
The meal that was served was quite different than today’s Thanksgiving meal. Their meal consisted of venison, waterfowl, shellfish and corn.
Most likely prayers and thanks were offered at this harvest festival, but the first religious Thanksgiving Day was in 1623, in which the Puritans gave thanks to God for rain after a two-month drought that threatened the years crops.
In 1827 Sarah Josepha Hale, editor of Godley’s Lady’s magazine launched a 36-year campaign for an Annual National Thanksgiving holiday, after a passage was found describing the 1621 harvest festival, which was labeled the first Thanksgiving.
Finally, in 1863 President Abraham Lincoln declared Thanksgiving a national holiday.
In 1941 President Roosevelt signed a bill declaring Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday in November.
Today, there are many traditions that families engage in.
Travel – Numerous families take to the roads and skies to spend time with extended family.
The Meal – Most likely will consist of Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Sweet Potatoes, Cranberries and Multitude of Pies.
Wishbone – Breaking of the Turkey Wishbone.
The Turkey Pardon – Each Year at a White House Ceremony the President is presented with a gift of a live turkey, which he pardons, allowing it to live out it’s days on a farm.
Helping Others – A large number of people across the country use this holiday to help the less fortunate by volunteering to serve food at homeless shelters.
TV – Countless people will watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. Did you know that the first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade was held in 1924? Others will watch the numerous football games shown.
Church – Today, some churches offer Thanksgiving services, held the evening before Thanksgiving. The sermon will most likely be given behind a pulpit, podium or lectern.
To see our many styles of pulpits and podiums, we offer, visit our website at www.podiumsdirect.com.
Here are several examples of the styles and variety we carry.
- LECTWFAWADO, Wood with Acrylic Pulpit in Maple. Optional Cross or Plain Front Panel.
- Model E, Acrylic Lectern. Acrylic Podiums are a very functional piece, that is perfect for churches.
- LCTPCRSBLK, Metal Truss Lectern Cross Design. This Metal Cross Lectern is stylish, simple and functional in design.
- 800X-LWMS, Oklahoma Sound Orator with Wireless Handheld Mic Sound Lectern.
I hope you found this blog informative and interesting. If so, pass it on.
- Cross Sell Collaborator
Is There A Podium That Can Accommodate Any Speakers Height?
Yes, With Height Adjustable Podiums!
Height Adjustable Podiums are made to assist speakers of different heights. The podiums come in a wide range of styles from classic, contemporary to traditional.
They have the ability, to move up and down easily, to change height based on the presenter, which will make them be seen and heard.
The mechanism used to adjust the height can be either manual, electric or pneumatic depending on the model.
To fit speaker of all heights, the reading surface of the podium can be raised anywhere from 30” at the lowest to 56” at the extended height, contingent on the item you choose.
Many Height Adjustable Podiums feature a work or reading surface that drops from angled to flat for laptop computer use, casters for effortless maneuverability, doors that latch, shelves and sound system.
These podiums offer functionality, practically, durability, as well as comfort. With that being said, Height Adjustable Podiums are ideal for universities, conference rooms, conventions, auditoriums and churches or any other venue.
Our selection of Height Adjustable Podiums, consist of, but not limited to these items:
- 70, Oklahoma Sound Portable Presentation Lectern. Practical and convenient speaker stand lectern has an application in every venue. Continuous adjustable height from 30" – 44".
- 810, Oklahoma Sound Height Adjustable Non-Sound Orator Podium. The Orator is an impressive and versatile, height-adjustable lectern. Its spacious reading surface adjusts from 42" to 52" high.
- LCADJBLK, Height Adjustable Podium. Adjustable height provides comfort for many presenters
- CLR235-LIFT, Handcrafted Solid Hardwood Counselor Lift Lectern. The Counselor Lift adds power height adjustment at the touch of a button.
- NO 8201 STND, Church Wood Pulpit Pedestal. Has an adjustable book rest that telescopes up and down from 46" - 49".
- S505A, AmpliVox Height Adjustable Sound Executive Podium. Height adjusts from 38" – 44" (back) with pneumatic dial control.
Why not check out our website today, at www.podiumdirect.com for all our styles of Height Adjustable Podiums.
We are glad you dropped by to read our blog. Please remember to pass it on.
- Cross Sell Collaborator
Valet Parking Becoming Increasing Popular
Valet parking is a service offered all over the world, most often by restaurants and hotels.
This service is becoming increasingly popular with stores, night clubs, hospitals, concert venues, sporting events and many other special events, due to limited or scarce parking spaces.
A valet service often requires a customer to pay a fee, which is either a flat amount or a fee based on how long the car is parked. In the United States it is customary to tip the valet that parked your car.
With the increase of valet parking, many restaurants, hotels, etc. have installed a valet station, consisting of a compact, sturdy, secure and efficient podium.
The podiums have numbered key slots to identify a customer’s vehicle, lockable cash drawer with integrated tip/ticket slot, handles and heavy duty casters for easy mobility. Some podiums have either manual, digital or keyless programmable locks, umbrellas and LED Light Up Display for visibility, so patrons can locate easily.
Our collection of valet podiums consists of some of the following.
- PDEDLEDR, Valet Podium LED with 150 Key Cabinet Locking Drawer. The LED VALET PODIUM with RGB-LED Light Up Display is an essential asset to any valet operation, especially for night locations.
- LCTFSRESCO, Valet Podium. This contemporary and durable Valet Podium has a large semi-enclosed top surface.
- LCTAARCO, Valet Podium. This Podium is idea for a hotel or restaurant looking for a classic, upscale appearance.
- LCTCL27DC, Executive Valet Podium. This mobile Podium is a great purchase for any venue.
Our unique collection of Valet Podiums can be found on www.podiumsdirect.com or contact us at 800-421-9678.
I hope you enjoyed this blog. If so, please pass it on.
- Cross Sell Collaborator
What is the difference between a Pulpit , Podium , and a Lectern
Pulpits, Podiums, Lecterns…
I agree with you, so let’s clear up the confusion.
Pulpit: A raised enclosed platform or structure in a church from which a sermon is delivered or service is conducted. Mostly found in cathedrals or old churches.
Podium: A low platform on which a person stands to be seen, while giving a presentation. A podium gives the speaker improved visibility and vocal project.
Lectern: A stand with a slanted top in which a speaker stands behind to deliver a speech.
A lectern can be a freestanding floor model, height adjustable, with or without a sound system or a tabletop model.
Are you still having a hard time distinguishing the difference between a pulpit, podium and lectern? Here are some simple ways to remember:
Pulpit: A platform you step into.
Podium: It is a low platform you stand on.
Lectern: What you stand behind.
These are the traditional definitions of the words, but in todays’ culture the meaning of the words pulpit, podium and lectern have become interchangeable with each other.
Here are some selected models of Pulpits, Podiums and Lecterns.
- Church Wood Pulpit Custom No 1. This Beautiful Walk-In Wood Pulpit is ideal for all your presentation needs.
- Glass Pulpit NC1/NC1G Prestige Winged. This Pulpit invites and embrace the congregation.
- Wharton Height Adjustable Podium WLECT.KBD. This state-of-the-art Wharton lectern that features complete control and speaker comfort.
- Non-Sound Presentation Podium. This elegant, yet functional podium comes with pre-drilled cable holes for electronic cords, locking cabinet doors and casters for mobility.
- Non-Sound “The Hope” Lectern. This wood lectern, such as the one seen here, is a cost effective presentation solution for any school or business.
- Portable Presentation Denon Lectern. The Lectern Active is a portable audio lectern for multi-media presentations - perfect for hotels, churches, conference rooms and convention centers.
- Clear Acrylic Tabletop Lectern. Table Top Lectern is made to the same exacting standards as our full-size lecterns
- Metal Truss Lectern 4 Post Straight. The open front black steel podium, also called a metal lectern. Perfect for any church or business. This lectern has a truss design.
We invite you to see our selection of Pulpits, Podiums and Lecterns at www.podiumsdirect.com
Call or Email With Any Questions Anytime at 800-421-9678.
Thanks for taking a few minutes to read this blog and remember to pass it along.
- Cross Sell Collaborator
Options for quick delivery of a Podium, Pulpit or Lectern
Quick Shipping Options for Podiums, Pulpits or Lecterns
It always happens every year that we get asked if we can provide a solution quickly. If you're in need of a Podium, Pulpit or Lectern in a hurry for your school, church or corporate event?
We have the answer with our Quick Ship Items!
We know that many times, event, meetings or training programs, etc. are planned at the last minute and items need to be ordered and received quickly.
That is why Podiums Direct created a category on our website called “Quick Ship”.
This category will save you, the customer, time from searching 700 items in our product line or making multiple calls to find out if a particular item or items will ship to make it in time for your event.
Most items in our “Quick Ship”, will ship out within 48 – 72 hours after order is placed.
You may ask if there is a variety of styles available? Yes. We feature many different styles from acrylic, contemporary, metal truss, portable lecterns and everything in between.
To see all the styles, use this link: https://podiumsdirect.com/collections/quick-ship
Are these items budget friendly? Yes. We pride ourselves on featuring products that will fit any budget.
Shown below is some of the variety we have:
- Wood with Acrylic Narrow Pulpit in Maple. Each wooden and acrylic pulpit is ideal for use in churches, colleges and hotel conference rooms. The pulpit comes with (2) front panels, (1) panel has a large grey cross in the middle and (1) is a clear panel.
- Acrylic Lectern KD Clear with Shelf. Acrylic lecterns are perfect for evangelical church or any kind of business setting.
- Portable Presentation Lectern 70 Oklahoma Sound. Practical and convenient speaker stand lectern has an application in every venue.
- Height Adjustable Podium 810 Oklahoma Sound Orator Non-Sound. The Orator is an impressive and versatile, height-adjustable lectern.
- Metal Truss Lectern 4 Post Straight. This speaker stand features a truss design and is perfect for any church or business.
- Non-Sound “The Hope” Lectern. This wood lectern, is a cost effective presentation solution for any school or business.
- Sound Lectern 711 Oklahoma Sound “The Prestige”. A Beautifully handcrafted podium that commands a dignified presence.
- Presentation EDTC EduTouch Sit & Stand AV Cart Oklahoma Sound. Whether presenting or teaching, we all share the same common goal, to produce and be effective, which this one does.
- Multi Media Cart MMC Oklahoma Sound. The new multimedia Cart from Oklahoma Sound® provides practical solutions for your presentation environment.
As always, see our website at www.podiumsdirect.com for all our products or contact us at 800-421-9678.
We appreciate you reading this blog and if you would, please pass it along.
- Cross Sell Collaborator